Visiting Research Fellowship Program
In order to advance networking and collaboration among social science scholars locally and internationally, the Third World Studies Center grants research affiliation to students, faculty, and researchers who specialize in political economy and development issues, with particular interest in the Philippines. The affiliation offers institutional support and provides for a Visiting Research Fellow position in the university.
As a research fellow, the Center provides a welcome kit, office space at the Center, access to the university libraries and facilities at the Center, and contact with other students, faculty, researchers, and civil society groups involved in the research topic within the course of his or her stay in the country.
Research fellows are, in turn, must conduct a full briefing on his/her research to the TWSC research staff during the first week of his fellowship, present the findings of their research with the TWSC research staff in an in-house roundtable discussion at the end of their fellowship, and submit a publishable research note for the Center's journal, Kasarinlan.
Individuals interested in the Research Affiliation Program should submit the following (as of November 2013):
- A signed letter of application addressed to the Director, Dr. Ricardo T. Jose;
- A research proposal, including an itinerary of their activities, purpose, length of affiliation, and expected outcome;
- A letter of recommendation from the applicant's university, institution, adviser, or known scholars working on the applicant's field of research;
- A copy of transcript of records and diploma (for students), and certificate of employment (for faculty and NGO researchers);
- Two (2) copies of 2x2 ID pictures;
- Curriculum vitae; and
- VRF fee
The affiliation fee payment is USD 100.00/month covering the entire period of the fellowship, regardless of use of University facilities and other resources. Applicants may apply for a fifty percent discounted rate if he or she meets certain conditions specified in the VRF Terms of Reference.
Studies should be within the Center’s current research clusters. For more information, please email the program coordinator.