The Center's first publication was in the form of a series of mimeographed papers written by Filipino and other Third World scholars, organized into the following themes:
- The Philippines in the Third World. On the nature and dynamics of Philippine underdevelopment.
- Dependency. On the nature of Third World dependency.
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN). On the economic, political and social development of ASEAN member-countries.
- Commodity. On the political economy of Philippine agricultural commodities.
- Flashpoints in the Third World. On the situation of countries and regions in the Third World, written by students.